I’ve been on this ACV kick for a few months now after seeing a friend starting on it while he was working out and trying to meet his health goals.
To be honest I really have no excuse for not being dedicated to this ACV regimen earlier. My mother in law who is from Ethiopia has been telling me for at least 10 years about the benefits of ACV. See in Ethiopia it’s a staple to have it in a drink along with some raw honey for over all health. And let me tell you. Ethiopians have the most beautiful skin you have ever seen. I know. I married to one. I figured that’s why the bible refers to them as the “smooth-skinned people”.
Since I have started on it I have seen an improvement in my own skin, less discomfort in my belly, and it may be my imagination but less swelling in my legs at the end of the day.
Benefits of ACV are:
- Rich in potassium which aids in growth, muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and reduces mucus build up.
- Rich in acetic acid which can slow the digestion of starch. This in turn helps to lower the post meal sugar spike.
- Balances your body’s pH levels.
- Regulates blood pressure and reduces bad cholesterol.
- It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties from being rich in malic acid
- Helps your bowels to move better and detoxifies the body.
- Clearer complexion
- Helps your body break down fats and control appetite…aka weight loss.
How I use ACV:
I usually take it in the morning with a glass of water. I simply add 1-2 teaspoons of ACV to the glass and dilute it with 6-8 ounces of water. You DO NOT want to take it without diluting it because it could burn your throat.
Sometimes I use it as a rinse for my hair after washing. It really makes my hair soft and shiny. I get compliments on my hair 100% of the time I use ACV on it.
You can use ACV as a toner. Again you need to dilute the ACV so you don’t burn your skin!
The kids also have been taking ACV while staying with my mother in law this past week and it’s been really helping them with their runny noses. She adds honey to their concoction.
Here are some articles you can read for more information:
And here is a link to see more the brand of ACV that I LOVE!
It’s really easy to implement into your health routine, it doesn’t cost a lot and soon you will get used to the taste and quite literally begin to crave it during the day. With the flu season coming upon us I’m going to make sure I stick to this regimen.